Sunday, May 3, 2009

Trip to Napa California

This weekend we traveled up to Napa, CA for our great great nephew, William's baptism. It was a such a fun weekend. We got to be here for not only his baptism, but also for his baseball game and birthday party. He had Desert Dave come to his party with lots of creapy crawly reptiles. He brought two snakes, 3 lizards, a tarantula, and a frog. He was very interesting and the kids loved it. They were glued to their seats for an hour! They all got to hold a corn snake. Little Maddie even loved it.
The baptism was so great. Merrill and Lisa made a video of lots of pictures of William growing up. The talks were great too. After, we all went back to Lisa & Merrill's for a Mexican feast. I've never tasted such great Mexican food. We had tacos and enchiladas to order.
Sunday, we went to church and then up to Merrill's golf course. It is so gorgeous. He took us on a tour of the whole property. All I can say is that it was AMAZING! We can't wait to come back up so we can play there.
William working hard at school
Susan, Lisa, Jackson, John and DeVaughn trying to stay warm at William's baseball game
William with a lizard
Maddie with the corn snake

DeVaughn and I with William on his big Day!
Lisa, Merrill, Jackson, William and Maddie
The gang on the golf cart
A beautiful natural spring by the golf course
Jackson looking for food on the table!
We came out of church to find a huge bee hive with bees swarming all around it. You can see it in this tree.

5 comments:

  1. Grandma this looks great! Very nice blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen, What a wonderful site and great first blog. Now don't forget to post on our site also. We had a great time with you this week and can't wait to see you at the lake this summer.

    Love, John

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aunt Colleen,
    I loved the blog and we love your background! I love the pic of Jackson and it is surely our boy in action.
    We had such a great time with you two cuties and Matthew sure did bond with you. He can't wait to come visit you and to see you at the lake this fall.
    You are the best aunt ever and I sure do love you.
    Hugs,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aunt Colleen,

    This is a fantastic blog...I love it! It sure looks like you had a fun trip. Matthew had a great time visiting with you and Uncle DeVaughn. We can't wait to see you both this summer at the lake!

    Love, The Moultonboro Jensen's

    ReplyDelete